“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.”Victor E Frankl
One of the main aims of counselling/therapy is to guide us from feeling victims of circumstances to feeling we have some control over our lives. Counselling will help you clarify and explore your thoughts and feelings and deal with issues that may be preventing you from leading your life fully. It will help you understand yourself better and change unhelpful or destructive patterns of belief or behaviour.
Talking about your past can often help you overcome problems you are having in the present and clear the way to gain a new perspective and discover a sense of purpose, meaning and direction in life.
You may find counselling/therapy helpful if you are:
- Finding relationships difficult
- Struggling with childhood trauma or abuse
- Feeling that life is dull and pointless
- Fighting pain, fear or addictions
- Suffering loss or bereavement
- Experiencing anxiety or depression
- Wanting to explore your spiritual path
- Striving to achieve greater expression in life
- Seeking to become more decisive
“I found our counselling sessions intriguing, revealing, useful and helpful. I came to trust you very much and found you extremely supportive, warm and empowering yet also, when necessary, gently challenging.”